When compared to their wood counterparts, fabric raised beds are easier to assemble, more affordable, and with less risk of rot, mold, or pest infestation. But if the growing conditions aren’t quite right, traditional fabric growing containers pose their own challenges. Traditional fabric beds drain and dry from all sides. This can cause uneven drainage and dry pockets. It may also require more frequent watering. Grassroots offers an innovative approach to fabric beds that not only improves drainage and aeration, but also supports the soil food web so that plants can grow to their fullest potential. Grassroots Living Soil Fabric Beds feature a waterproof liner and bottom aeration strip. This fosters the optimal environment to cultivate microbes essential for living soil, and creates healthier, more productive plants.
Unlike other fabric beds on the market, Grassroots fabric beds are reinforced with PVC pipe for durability that matches that of wooden raised beds. Plus, you can choose to add a trellis to your Grassroots fabric bed with PVC trellis fittings.
Each Living Soil Bed features:
- BPA-free, waterproof MoistureLock™ liner with incredible benefits
- 4” drainage and aeration strip of USA-made tan fabric for healthy soil and roots
- Bottom seam sewn on the outside with marine-bonded thread to prevent rot
- A triple hem on top for added strength
NOTICE: Beds DO NOT come with the PVC pipes. The beds DO come with the PVC corners that you cannot find locally. We carry PVC pipes in store at a small additional charge, but will not ship due to logistal issues and the excessive cost.
MoistureLock™ is a strip of BPA-free waterproof fabric sewn to the inside of the container that provides many benefits.
- Directs water downward. This helps to avoid dry pockets in the soil.
- Promotes even moisture throughout the soil. Regular fabric pots dry from the sides. MoistureLock™ prevents that, simulating the way soil dries in nature. This helps the microbiology thrive.
- Less water usage! There is less surface area for water to escape the container, which means less water usage (lower labor) and lower humidity indoors.
- Aeration and air pruning comes from the 4” strip of breathable fabric towards the bottom of the container.
4 x 4 Bed fittings:
Basic Fittings include: (4) 3-way PVC fittings. PVC Pipe NOT included.
Trellis Fittings include: (4) 3-way and (4) 4-way PVC fittings. PVC Pipe NOT included.